The Chair and Managing Partner Roundtable
Zeughauser Group Leadership Roundtables for Chairs and Managing Partners have been meeting twice annually since 1997. At each meeting we share innovations, best practices, and lessons learned, and we benchmark best management practices among leading law firms. The Roundtable meetings are limited in size to foster open, interactive discussion. The continuity of our membership over the years has led to a high level of trust among the members and open discussion at our meetings. Roundtable membership is paid on an annual basis.
The topics we have discussed at recent meetings have included:
- Competitive Trends Among the AmLaw 100, 200, and Global 100
- Managing Alternative Fee Arrangements
- Lawyer Decision-Making Skills
- Profitability Measurement Models
- Outsourcing, Insourcing, Onshoring and Offshoring
- The Implications for Law Firm Growth Strategy of the Growing Interdependence of the World's Capital Markets
- Big Four Accounting Firms' Talent and Leadership Development Models
- Associate Competency Models
- Merit-Based Associate Compensation
In addition, at each session we have a Round Robin discussion about topics of current interest to the members in attendance.
Benchmarking studies we have conducted for recent sessions include:
- Law Firm Governance
- Chair's Compensation
- Life after Serving as Managing Partner
- Partner Compensation Systems
- Partnership Structure
- Roles and Responsibilities of Practice Group Leaders
- Succession Planning
- Law Firm Marketing Departments and Budgets
Our Chair I and Chair II Roundtables meet each May and November. The meetings begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude by 5:00 pm.
We host a dinner the evening before (for those who arrive in time) and after each meeting. Spouses and significant others are invited to all of our dinners. Dress is business casual (no jackets required). The registration fee includes all meals. For each meeting, we reserve a block of rooms at a special rate at the hotel where the Roundtable is meeting. Members are responsible for their own reservations.
If you would like more information about our Roundtables for Law Firm Chairs and Managing Partners, please email email@example.com.